Welcome to Erin's Website!
About Erin Motyka
Hello! My name is Erin Motyka. On this page I'm going to tell you who I am and my story from the beginning until now. This biography was last updated on 7 April 2018.
I was born at a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio on June 8th. I was born to two wonderful parents. My dad was in the U.S. Military, specifically the Coast Guard. We have always had some kind of animal in our family and until later in my life it was always cats. For my first two years it was just the 3 of us; my mom, dad, and I. Until Kaitlyn, was born at the same hospital. Our small family of 4 lived in Ohio until I finished 3rd grade. In that time, I made a best friend in Kindergarten. To this day we are still friends. <3
A few years later, my youngest sister, Meagan (said May-gen), was born. We aren't that close because of the 8 year age difference but I wish we were & I'm sure we will be in the future.
Once, I finished 3rd grade though we had to move down to Jacksonville, FL. This was a pretty hard change but as a child it isn't as hard as the next change I had to go through. I lived in Jacksonville for 4 years and right before High School (9th Grade) I had to move to Alabama. I absolutely resented moving there from the moment I was told we had to move there.
It wasn't all bad though. I did meet 2 guys whom I dated in High School. Dante was my first love and I will always have a place in my heart for him. The breakup was one of the hardest things I have had to go through. I have been back to visit but that always triggers me so while I miss my parents & youngest sister I can't go back there for reasons listed next.
This brings me to 2015. This was a year into my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education (K-6) at UNF and a year after I finished my Associate's Degree from FSCJ. This year I decided to move out of my parents house and move into the dorms. I was 22 at the time so it was about time. My parents have paid for all of my education up until this point (and still did in 2017) and I'm very thankful. So, I did it. I lived in the dorms my last year at UNF. It was exciting and life changing. This was also around the time I found out I was depressed and got it diagnosed.
I said earlier that it was my last year at UNF because I realized after being a student teacher for the second time that I didn't want to teach. I was not and am not ready for the responsibility and for anyone to look up to me. I'm still a mess and can't handle that. So, I dropped out of UNF and moved back to FSCJ to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in IT Management. I am now almost 2 years into it and have until December of this year. I am so ready to graduate. I'm so excited that I am doing what I love. This is what I should have done in the first place but I only have 3 classes and the internship left before I get my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education (K-6) so, if I ever do want/need to finish I can. It isn't all bad.
That brings us to right now. I am working full time at Best Buy. I am also continuing my IT Management Degree full time and I am working on my websites as a hobby. You can get links to all of my sites on the home page.
That's about everything that I could think to include in the life story portion about me. Thanks for reading and here is a virtual cookie if you read it all. *tosses cookie*
Now I want to include a short list of a few things I couldn't find a way to include above. Just a short list of facts. :) These might also be listed on my blog but it doesn't matter. Here they are:
- I am afraid of the dark. Yes, it is weird and I know I'm a grown woman that needs a night light but it is true. The cruel part about this is mixed in with the next part...
- I need my room pitch black to fall asleep or I need to use a face mask. I feel like my life is a cruel joke because of these two or at least it has been before I discovered the face mask 3 years ago. Now that I have the face mask my room light can be on and I can fall asleep. Doesn't matter.
- I am easily spooked/startled. This is bad when I am home alone or when my manager (referencing an old manager here) likes to sneak up behind me and scare me. This isn't something I like about myself but I have learned to deal with.
- I don't know my right from my left. This sucks when I am driving or trying to code a layout from scratch. I have to physically pick up my hands and find the 'L' to know that is my left hand and the other one is my right hand. I get them confused all of the time and have since I was young. Just not something that has come naturally to me. I find it funny and have grown to love this about me.
- I am addicted to owning the newest piece of technology. This one hurts my brain and my wallet. I hate this about me but it makes for good YouTube videos and Blogs. I buy a new piece of technology every few months and sell my old ones. I don't do this as much as I did back in 2017 but I still have a fancy HP Omen Desktop, LG 4K Monitor, a Pixel 2 XL, a Samsung Galaxy Note8, an iPad Pro 10.5", and a nintendo switch, among other devices.
Short- & Long-Term Goals
I want to share with you guys a quick list of my short- and long-term goals that I have for myself. Short-Term to me is less than 5 years. Long-Term is anything over 5 years.
- Finish my Bachelor's Degree
- Get a job in my career field, doing what I love.
- Pay off my Credit Card (cc) debt.
- Learn to code in C++ and C#.
- Lose 100lbs.
- Move to a cooler climate where it is 60-80*F all year round.
- Become a trainer with a company so I can teach other people tech support or about website development.
- Meet a guy & get married.
- Own a home.
- Get 2 dogs: A border-collie, chow mutt and a lab mutt.